Sarah Bourke

Sarah Bourke

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Awareness about E-Waste Benefit Gala 5.16.2011

Last night I made my way into the rainy city of San Francisco to attend the Awareness about E-Waste Benefit Gala for a few reasons-- to learn all about E-Waste (Electronic Waste) and support Afia President and Designer Meghan Sebold, whose launch party I attended in New York City a week or so ago. The Benefit Gala took place in Henry Denton's Starlight Room of the Sir Francis Drake Hotel. It was a beautiful event dedicated to informing people about the harmful impact electronic devices have if not recycled properly. The event benefited local non-profits who are in the electronic recycling business, and/or do educational outreach about e-waste. The evening featured keynote speakers, members from San Francisco's political forefront, a few celebrities, and as I mentioned before, Afia Designer Meghan Sebold. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and learned all about E-waste and how to recycle electronics more effectively and efficiently. More pictures of the evening to come soon!


I had the luxury of borrowing Zem Joaquin's gorgeous pink eco gown for the night's affair. I've been working at Ecofabulous for just over a week now and I'm loving it. Having been offered a full-time summer internship with the company, I'm starting to learn the ins and outs of everything. The team of girls here at Ecofabulous is amazing, and I'm starting to really get the hang of things. My first task has been to round-up all of the products we'll be featuring weekly on Zem's List, a list of five or so products that Founder Zem Joaquin highly recommends for viewers on a weekly basis. Look forward to this week's Zem's List all about eco, fabulous office supplies. 



Please: Check Out and Like Ecofabulous on Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment